Why Direct Democracy Is Better Than Representative Democracy
The most important reason for pursuing Direct Democracy is that it allows us to eliminate the outdated two party system that dominates most democracies.
Regardless of where you live in the world, you have two or more political parties that want you to vote for them.
Here’s the problem. These parties will state their position on hundreds, if not, thousands of issues.
The reason you vote for one of these parties is because you agree with “some” of their positions on “some” of these issues. But you don’t agree with all of them.
For example, some conservatives are climate change deniers while others think it’s real.
Some progressives want to increase taxes on the rich and some don’t. We’re all individuals with a unique political profile.
It’s not possible for our unique profile to match up with all of the the positions that a political party has taken on 1,000’s of issues.
In the meantime, here’s 21 reasons why Direct Democracy is better than Representative Democracy:
1. The people have the power
2. No left or right
3. Less division – meaning that there will be infinite sides instead of just two sides
4. No more small independent parties wielding power beyond their representation
5. No need for people to identify with and defend a political party
6. No concentration of power
7. Everybody’s vote counts
8. More transparency.
9. More public debate.
10. Use of experts to minimize misinformation.
11. Eliminate campaign finance issues
12. No more stupid campaign ads from politicians attacking each other
13. The people have control of the legislative timeline
14. The impact of lobby groups is diminished – if not, eliminated
15. Much more community involvement
16. Signifiant reduction in corruption
17. Minorities get a seat at the table
18. No need to convince politicians to do anything – but you will have to convince your fellow citizens
19. Better for women – because they are under represented in Representative Democracy
20. No more unfulfilled campaign promises
21. No more politicians wasting time raising money instead of working for the people.
This is only a list of 21 advantages. There are many, many more. I’ll be making dedicated videos about each of these advantages so that you can understand them in more detail.
The reality is that we have reached a point in time in our evolution where Representative Democracy no longer serves the will of the people and technology can solve the problems that made Direct Democracy impractical.
That’s why I created One Direct Democracy. It’s a movement for upgrading the global democratic system by taking the power away from politicians and putting it in the hands of the people by using Direct Democracy.
I’ve created the technology and a plan for how we can make this work.
Direct Democracy is the purest form of democracy. Representative Democracy is an outdated blunt instrument.